- Straight Ahead Animation practice I did on my bus trips:
Straight ahead animation practice on my commute to work! from Tatyana Drewry Carvin on Vimeo.
I found a small app that allows me to animate on my Amazon Tablet! So I've been animating with it while commuting to work! I have to do straight animation though because the app only allows me to see the first previous image. There's something very freeing about doing straight animation... The constraints of this app are forcing me to focus on motion and not so much on drawing... I hope you guys will enjoy this very rough animation practice! :)
- Lucas Art : Check out the Holiday card we did at Ghostbot for Lucas Art! I had the chance to animate it along with the talented Sam Chi. Roque Ballesteros directed it. See the full animation here : http://holidaycard.starwars.com/
- Torom Tellum: short for Nickelodeon! Check out the fun short I animated along with Brad Rau for Nickelodeon : http://www.nick.com/videos/clip/short-toons-torom-tellum.html
- Drake VS Lil Wayne Show : I drew some of the art that were displayed on stage for the touring show of Drake VS Lil Wayne. My black & white layouts were then painted by grooving artists. And the best part was to eventually see them on huge screens on stage during the show. I got to draw a lot of bad boys/ girls, muscles, hands and butts. I felt in my comfort zone ( ^..^). Here's a small glimpse :
- Pharrel Williams : We worked on a proof-of-concept test to show what Pharrell + Ghostbot would look like. Pharrel was a wonderful client to work for. I got to do some of the Story Board, Character Designs, Layouts and Animations! Bellow are a few samples :
Storyboard poses :
- Personal Practice after work: My awesome friend Jeremy Polgar taught me how to do gifs! By the way, you guys should go see his work online, Jeremy Polgar is SUPER DUPER talented. I'm a big fan of his work. See for yourself : http://jpolgar1.tumblr.com/ And his reel : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDrj3Wf3npc. So the gif bellow is an example of the sort of personal animation I adore doing inbetween work :
- Mugsy and Biscuit - Facebook Stickers : I worked onto some fun stickers for Facebook over at Ghostbot. Alan Lau was my director on it and of course a huge help and endless source of inspiration! Alan created the original design of Biscuit (the corgi) and I drew/ animated the poses you can see below. The original design of Mugsy (the frenchie) was done by me and I then drew & animated the followings stickers. Enjoy and go use them on Facebook!!!:
some roughs that didn't make it on Facebook :
- The Ever Changing Commuter : I commute 4 hours a day to go to Ghostbot so I draw A LOT of people. While flipping through the pages of my sketchbook, I got the idea to just animate a couple of those faces together. So here's the little animated methamorphose practice:
- Sly Cooper - Cut Scenes & Commercials : Bellow is a break down of a few shots I animated on the marketing video "Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time". I have worked on this project a little longer than a year and had a blast! Natasha Brown and Kris Toscanini helped me coloring and symbolizing some of these poses that I drew in Flash. (yay team work!!) And of course my 3 directors Roque Ballesteros, Alan Lau and Brad Rau are always a huge help, they are teaching me so much every single day. I am the luckiest drawer/ animator on earth with these guys!