Some character design work I did on Star Wars: Forces of Destiny! Working on turnarounds was one of my favorite task on this job. I love studying volume through anatomy so this was like a dream job to me! I then got to create the mouth comps and supervise the rigs for all the characters of the show. It was very technical but also fascinating!
mercredi 4 juillet 2018
samedi 6 janvier 2018
After a very long and intense day of work, I wanted to clear up my mind with some "comfort zone art" that would require little effort. So I picked a page of my sketchbook and cleaned it up in Animate. I kind of like drawing in Animate as the drawing tools tend to be more crisp and cleaner than in a pixel soft like Photoshop.
samedi 7 octobre 2017
Animating on my long metro commutes is my current obsession. I used my tablet Fire and the App FlipaClip.
Working on morphing different people together is a way of expressing that despite our differences, we all are connected through movement, that we all share the same air that keeps us alive: All in One!
I've been doing a lot of sketching while in France (when visiting my family) and wanted to share a few here:
I've been animation directing on the new 2D Star Wars Show: Forces of Destiny for over a year now and I got interviewed along with my fabulous director Brad Rau! You can also see some of our supa crew: Aldo Kcomt, Kris Toscanini, Maritza Silvas, Natasha Brown & Vickie Chau!
dimanche 18 juin 2017
Things have been super intense with work the past few months but drawing on my metro commutes is so so important to me. So no matter how exhausted I could get I kept on studying humans around me and I wanted to share some of these studies here:
mardi 6 août 2013
- Hot Wheels by Titmouse: I got the chance to animate a little bit on Team Hot Wheels for Titmouse - directed by Mike Carlo!
- Star Darlings: I animated this walk cycle in Flash for an animation test I did at Ghostbot! I especially enjoyed animating the secondary on her dress ^^
- Plunger the Dragon: I got to animate in Flash that fun little short over at Ghostbot! I really enjoyed giving life to these characters. I hope you'll like it! :
- Powerpuff Girls: What's your Powerfactor? - Music Video -I got to animate a little bit on this fun music video. Check out the full Video clip here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaZnfMaraLs
- Straight Ahead Animation practices I did on my bus trips:
Straight ahead animation practice on my commute to work! from Tatyana Drewry Carvin on Vimeo.
I found a small app that allows me to animate on my Amazon Tablet! So I've been animating with it while commuting to work! I have to do straight animation though because the app only allows me to see the first previous image. There's something very freeing about doing straight animation... The constraints of this app are forcing me to focus on motion and not so much on drawing... I hope you guys will enjoy this very rough animation practice! :)
- Lucas Film : I had the chance to animate the 2014 Lucas Film Holiday Card along with the talented Sam Chi at Ghosbot. Roque Ballesteros directed it. Here's a small portion of the animation I did on R2D2, Chopper and the Camroid:
And a still of the final render! :
- Torom Tellum: short for Nickelodeon! Check out the fun short I animated along with Brad Rau for Nickelodeon : http://www.nick.com/videos/clip/short-toons-torom-tellum.html
- Palace Pet/ The Whisker Haven Tales: I've had the chance to animation direct on the Disney show Palace Pet (Season 01 and Season 02) over at Ghostbot. In the gif bellow, I animated the blue bunny (Berry) and the orange cat (Treasure). The wonderful Tim Blair animated the pink cat (Dreamy). This shot is from the Opening of the show. You can find all the episodes here: http://disneyjunior.disney.com/whisker-haven-tales
- Drake VS Lil Wayne Show : I drew some of the art that were displayed on stage for the touring show of Drake VS Lil Wayne. My black & white layouts were then painted by grooving artists. And the best part was to eventually see them on huge screens on stage during the show. I got to draw a lot of bad boys/ girls, muscles, hands and butts. I felt in my comfort zone ( ^..^). Here's a small glimpse :
- Pharrel Williams : We worked on a proof-of-concept test to show what Pharrell + Ghostbot would look like. Pharrel was a wonderful client to work for. I got to do some of the Story Board, Character Designs, Layouts and Animations! Bellow are a few samples :
Storyboard poses :
- Personal Practice after work: My awesome friend Jeremy Polgar taught me how to do gifs! By the way, you guys should go see his work online, Jeremy Polgar is SUPER DUPER talented. I'm a big fan of his work. See for yourself : http://jpolgar1.tumblr.com/ And his reel : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDrj3Wf3npc. So the gif bellow is an example of the sort of personal animation I adore doing inbetween work :
- Mugsy and Biscuit - Facebook Stickers : I worked onto some fun stickers for Facebook over at Ghostbot. Alan Lau was my director on it and of course a huge help and endless source of inspiration! Alan created the original design of Biscuit (the corgi) and I drew/ animated the poses you can see below. The original design of Mugsy (the frenchie) was done by me and I then drew & animated the followings stickers. Enjoy and go use them on Facebook!!!:
And bellow are some of the still stickers I did. I also included
some roughs that didn't make it on Facebook :
some roughs that didn't make it on Facebook :
- The Ever Changing Commuter : I commute 5 hours a day to go to Ghostbot so I draw A LOT of people. While flipping through the pages of my sketchbook, I got the idea to just animate a couple of those faces together. So here's the little animated methamorphose practice:
- Sly Cooper - Cut Scenes & Commercials : Bellow is a break down of a few shots I animated on the marketing video "Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time". I have worked on this project a little longer than a year and had a blast! Natasha Brown and Kris Toscanini helped me coloring and symbolizing some of these poses that I drew in Flash. (yay team work!!) And of course my 3 directors Roque Ballesteros, Alan Lau and Brad Rau are always a huge help, they are teaching me so much every single day. I am the luckiest drawer/ animator on earth with these guys!